The Family

Brit Mums Live

Monday 16 June 2014

Home from the asylum

Work, Some days at work are pretty easy, a good class, students in good moods, ready to learn. 
Some days at work are pretty hard, lesson didnt go as planned, students playing up, emails with things to have done by the next hour piling up. 
But you cope! Its part of the job, good days, bad days everybody has them, dont they?

But some days end up being bad unnecessarily.
Today was one of them days. There was no need, no justification,

Later I took some time out alone to capture my thoughts. Not an easy task in my house, even in the bath! ...but I did and  I decided that some things never change and I must learn to deal with it better.

Sometimes its hard to stay strong and times when I'm feeling weak I always turn to my favourite poem. It seems to put things in perspective for me.
 My big sister bought me a copy I had it framed and it hangs above my bed.

My family think its ridicuous! And just sigh at my love of trees. But for me its perfect and it helps put the world to right again, if only for a short while.


Dear Friend,
Stand Tall and Proud
Sink your roots deeply into the Earth
Reflect the light of a greater source
Think long term
Go out on a limb
Remember your place among all living beings
Embrace with joy the changing seasons
For each yields its own abundance
The Energy and Birth of Spring
The Growth and Contentment of Summer
The Wisdom to let go of leaves in the Fall
The Rest and Quiet Renewal of Winter
Feel the wind and the sun
And delight in their presence
Look up at the moon that shines down upon you
And the mystery of the stars at night.
Seek nourishment from the good things in life
Simple pleasures
Earth, fresh air, light
Be content with your natural beauty
Drink plenty of water
Let your limbs sway and dance in the breezes
Be flexible
Remember your roots
Enjoy the view!

Hope you like it too.

Thank you for reading especially today.

Lisa xx



No comments:

Post a Comment